Sunday, October 9, 2011

Oakley!

Oakley was born on the 6th. We are so happy to have her in our family. She is a sweet baby and we sure love her!

Everything went well with the delivery and afterwards. I got the epidural around 8:30 PM, then they broke my water. The contractions started right away, but she wasn't tolerating them well. They gave me terbutaline to stop the contractions so she could have a break. About 45 minutes after that they started on their own again and she was doing well with them. They never got regular or strong, but they checked me at 11:20 and she was ready to come. I pushed and her heart rate dropped again, so I had to push again right away and she was born at 11:26 PM! She was 6 lbs 13 oz and 18 inches long.











5 comments:

Dave and Julie said...

Congrats! She is beautiful. It is so funny how there are the Miller children and the Nelson children, she looks like another Miller look a like! I wish you the best with five. What a darling family. Love ya.

Sarah Blake said...

Yeah, congrats ASH! So exciting!:) I'm soo glad everything went well.

Rachel Sorber said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you. Sounds like it wasn't the smoothest delivery for you, but I'm glad everything worked out well and that she's healthy and home. How's life with 5 kids? They're growing so much--it's crazy to see pictures of them and see the changes from just this summer! Oakley's beautiful, and I'm sure it will be fun for Livvy to have a sister.

maryk said...

What a beutiful girl. I am proud to be great aunt to all of you children. Wish I could see them more often. Love all of you.

Melanie said...

Congrats, she is so beautiful. What a cute little family you have.